- Hwy 12 over the Hwy 23/71 Willmar Bypass closed July through November.
- Project is a two stage project; eastern portion of projects ends a half mile east of the Hwy 71 Bypass Bridge and requires a detour; western portion of the project ends one half mile west of the Hwy 71 Bypass bridge.
- In addition, crews will be constructing a right turn lane at 7th Street and making ADA improvements from 6th Street to Lakeland Drive.
- Reconstruction brochure (PDF)
- Local business access is being maintened throughout the project.
Aug. 6 weekly project update
This week’s work includes the work on the bridge approach panels and end panels on Tuesday and Wednesday. Excavation and backfilling continues as crews move from east to the west. Curb and gutter pours begin mid-week. Our next project update meeting will be held August 21.
Project update meetings
Anyone interested in the project's progress is invited to attend project update meetings at the Willmar Lakes Area Chamber Earl B. Olson Board Room, 2104 Hwy 12 East, at 11 a.m every other Thursday. MnDOT staff and representatives from the prime contractor will provide a progress report, plans for upcoming construction activities and answer questions or address concerns.