About this project
- MnDOT and Landwehr have worked hard to accelerate the project, recognizing the benefits to businesses and residents.
- Project is set to be completed on or before Sept. 19, 6 weeks earlier than originally planned.
- Click here for May 27, 2020 update (PDF)
Summary of MnDOT work
- 4th St. from Hwy 12 to N Donnelly Ave. will be paved
- Hwy 12 from 4th St. to E Commercial St. will be reconstructed. Pedestrian crossings and sidewalks will be replaced to meet Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards.
- Hwy 12 from the intersection of Hwy 12/Hwy 22 to N Holcombe Ave. will be reconstructed
- N Holcombe Ave. from Hwy 12 to E 1st Ave. will be reconstructed
- The railroad will complete work on the Hwy 22 railroad crossing in 2020 as well. Pavement and a new signal will be installed. This work will require a short detour.
Summary of City of Litchfield work
- Update utilities (sanitary sewer & water) along the project area
- Landwehr Construction Inc. is the contractor on the project
- MnDOT must balance the state’s transportation needs with historic
preservation as part of all of their project undertakings.
- Much of the Hwy 12 reconstruction project is located within and near the
Litchfield Historic Commercial District and other historic properties.
- Due to the project taking place in a historic district, there will be a
vibration monitoring plan.
- Click here to read more about the vibration monitoring plan