About this project
Feedback on engagement
- We want to hear from you! District 8 is looking for feedback from the public on how we did engaging you in the design phase of the upcoming reconstruction project of Hwy 12 through downtown Litchfield. The survey is live and will be available until May 23, 2018. Click here to take the survey.
Summary of MnDOT work
- Reconstruction of four blocks of Hwy 12 and Hwy 22 through downtown Litchfield from Commercial Street to 4th Street
- Project includes the reconstruction of the existing roadway and sidewalks from building face to building face
- Update pedestrian crossings along project area to meet Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards
- Improve drainage along the project area and associated outlet to Jewett Creek
- Since much of the Highway 12 reconstruction project is located within and near the Litchfield Historic Commercial District and other historic properties, the Section 106 review process is a crucial component to the project. MnDOT is working closely with the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).
Summary of City of Litchfield work
- Update utilities (sanitary sewer & water) along the project area