About this project
We are looking for your feedback on the Hwy 12 Reconstruction Project. Take the Hwy 12 survey now!
Summary of MnDOT work
- Reconstruction of four blocks of Hwy 12 and Hwy 22 through downtown Litchfield from Commercial Street to 4th Street
- Project includes the reconstruction of the existing roadway and sidewalks from building face to building face
- Update pedestrian crossings along project area to meet Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards
- Improve drainage along the project area and associated outlet to Jewett Creek
- Since much of the Highway 12 reconstruction project is located within and near the Litchfield Historic Commercial District and other historic properties, the Section 106 review process is a crucial component to the project. MnDOT is working closely with the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).
Summary of City of Litchfield work
- Update utilities (sanitary sewer & water) along the project area