Drilling operations on Highway 12 in Willmar next week
WILLMAR, Minn. —The Minnesota Department of Transportation will conduct drilling operations on Highway 12 in Willmar from 6th Street East to 1st Avenue beginning Monday, May 18. Work is anticipated to be complete by end of day on Wednesday. Environmental drilling is being performed to remove core samples to identify the pavement and base layers for a future construction project.
Motorists may encounter lane closures and flagging operations during drilling. Short delays are possible, please plan accordingly.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT recommends that travelers always drive with caution, and reminds everyone to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times
Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/groups/MnDOTsouthwest.