- TJ Melcher
MnDOT District 8
2505 Transportation Road
Willmar, MN 56201
MnDOT urges motorists to be cautious
WILLMAR, Minn. – (1:30 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation advises motorists to slow down and drive cautiously because of scattered icy spots due to light freezing rain and snow.
We are in this together and MnDOT snow plow operators are doing their part to make highways safe.
Motorists should remember to:
- Drive slowly on bridges, overpasses and tunnels.
- Use a safe speed for winter driving conditions, regardless of the posted speed limit.
- Keep a safe stopping distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel, eyes on the road and attention on your driving.
- Give the snowplow operators plenty of room to work.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone.
For updated information on road conditions, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.