- TJ Melcher
Minnesota Department of
2505 Transportation Road
Willmar, MN 56201
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Lake Avenue North in Paynesville to close beginning April 16
Work scheduled for Hwy 23 Paynesville Bypass project
WILLMAR, Minn. – Lake Avenue North from Minnie Street to 185th Street in Paynesville will be closed for approximately one month beginning Monday, April 16, while crews construct the new Lake Avenue North/Hwy 23 intersection as part of the Paynesville Bypass project.
Stearns County Road 33 and Stearns County Road 130 will remain open for traffic to reach 185th Street.
The 7.5-mile, four-lane divided bypass project is located north of New London from Kandiyohi County Road 6 to west of 263rd Avenue in Paynesville. The project includes grading, paving, construction of eight bridges and lighting.
The project will improve mobility and safety for motorists traveling along the Hwy 23 corridor and allows Hwy 23 to remain an important connection between Willmar and St. Cloud.
During construction and road maintenance work, the Minnesota Department of Transportation urges drivers to:
- Check www.511mn.org or call 511 for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Watch for construction crews and equipment in the work zone.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Stay alert; expect the unexpected.