- Diane Beck
Minnesota Department of
Office of Communications
1500 County Rd B2 West
Roseville, MN 55113
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Highway 59 shoulder widening project south of Clarkfield delayed until July 19
WILLMAR, Minn. –The Highway 59 shoulder widening and culvert lining project from south of Clarkfield to Yellow Medicine County Road 3 has been delayed until Monday, July 19, due to wet soil conditions. The project was scheduled to begin July 12.
When the project starts July 19, Highway 59 southbound motorists will be detoured west on Highway 67, south on Yellow Medicine County Road 9, east on Yellow Medicine County Road 3 to Highway 59.
The project is scheduled for completion on September 3, 2010, weather permitting
R & G Construction Co. is the prime contractor for the $1,051,278 million project.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.