- Diane Beck
Minnesota Department of
Office of Communications
1500 County Rd B2 West
Roseville, MN 55113
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Bridge repair project on Highway 212 scheduled to begin July 12
WILLMAR, Minn. – Motorists will encounter lane closures on Highway 212 in Montevideo beginning July 12 as Mn/DOT crews begin a bridge joint repair project.
Signs, barricades and cones will be positioned to direct traffic through the work zone. The project is expected to be completed July 15.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
- Drive with caution, watch for signs and be alert for workers in the work zone.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.