- Diane Beck
Minnesota Department of
Office of Communications
1500 County Rd B2 West
Roseville, MN 55113
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Highway 75 shoulder repair project from Madison to Bellingham begins July 12
WILLMAR, Minn. —Motorists will encounter short delays as a shoulder repair project on Highway 75 from Madison to Bellingham begins July 12.
Mn/DOT crews will add gravel to raise the shoulders along the 10-mile segment of Highway 75 as a safety measure for the traveling public.
Flaggers and a pilot car will direct motorists through the work zone. The project is expected to be complete July 29, weather permitting.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
- Drive with caution, watch for signs and be alert for workers in the work zone.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For statewide travel information visit www.511mn.org, call 5-1-1 or log on to www.mndot.gov.