- Diane Beck
Minnesota Department of
Office of Communications
1500 County Rd B2 West
Roseville, MN 55113
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Highway 59 shoulder widening project near Clarkfield scheduled to begin July 12
WILLMAR, MN – Motorists will encounter a detour on Highway 59 at Clarkfield beginning July 12 as crews begin widening shoulders and lining culverts from Clarkfield to 4.5 miles south of Lyon County Road 3.
Southbound Highway 59 traffic will be detoured from Clarkfield west on Highway 67, south on Lyon Road 9, east on Lyon County Road 3 to Highway 59.
The project is scheduled for completion on September 3, 2010, weather permitting
R & G Construction Co. is the prime contractor for the $1,051,278 project.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.