- Diane Beck
Minnesota Department of
2505 Transportation Road
Willmar, MN 56201
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Highway 71 rumble strip project in Renville County to begin June 16
WILLMAR, Minn. - A safety improvement project will begin on Highway 71 north of the Highway 19 junction in Morton to south of Highway 212 in Olivia as crews begin an 11-mile rumble strip project on Wednesday, June 16.
An official escort truck will direct traffic around the area where crews are working.
To improve safety of the road, crews will grind rumble strips into the shoulders of the highway and paint white stripes over the rumble strips to alert motorists they are nearing the edge of the road.
The project is expected to be complete June 23, weather permitting.
AAA Striping Service Co. is the prime contractor for the $44,549 project.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
- Check 511 www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.