- Diane Beck
Minnesota Department of
2505 Transportation Road
Willmar, MN 56201
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Completion of Highway 7 resurfacing project expected for June 2
WILLMAR, Minn. - Motorists will experience a smoother, safer ride on Highway 7 from Highway 71 east to Cosmos when the 17-mile resurfacing and shoulder reclamation project is completed on June 2, weather permitting.
To improve the safety of the road, crews ground rumble strips into the shoulders of the highway and painted white stripes over the rumble strips to alert motorists they are nearing the edge of the road.
Central Specialties, Inc. was the prime contractor for the $2.9 million project.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
- Check 511 www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.