- Diane Beck
Minnesota Department of
2505 Transportation Road
Willmar, MN 56201
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Four-way stop to be installed at the Highway 23/ Lyon County Road 7 junction in Marshall May 24
WILLMAR, Minn. - Mn/DOT will convert the two-way stop at the junction of Highway 23 and Lyon County Road 7 in Marshall to a four-way stop on May 24. Motorists may experience minor delays while the work is being done.
Installation of the four-way stop is necessary to prepare for the Highway 23 detour north of Highway 19 scheduled to begin June 7.
The 12-mile resurfacing project extends from Highway 23 in Russell to one-half mile north of Highway 19 in Marshall. The project will be constructed in two phases and consists of resurfacing, construction of a pedestrian underpass, storm sewer, lighting and sidewalk improvements. The project will reduce maintenance costs and improve pavement strength.
The project is expected to be completed on October 15, weather permitting.
Project information and a detour map is available at: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d8/projects/hwy23marshall/ or at http://www.dot.state.mn.us/roadwork/current.html.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
- Check www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.