- Diane Beck
Minnesota Department of
Willmar District 8
2505 Transportation Road
Willmar, MN 56201
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Highway 7 resurfacing project scheduled to begin April 19
WILLMAR, Minn.- Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures on Highway 7 between Highway 71 and Cosmos beginning Monday, April 19, when a 17-mile resurfacing and shoulder reclamation project begins.
Flaggers and a pilot car will direct motorists through the work zone.
Central Specialties, Inc., is the prime contractor for the $2.9 million project. The project is scheduled to be completed by May 22, weather permitting.
Due to favorable weather conditions, the contractor is able to start the project ahead of schedule.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
- Check 511 www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.