Hwy 14 Corridor
Expansion of Hwy 14 to a four-lane roadway with bypasses of Janesville and Waseca
New Ulm, Mankato, Owatonna and Rochester
- Hwy 60 to Janesville (stage A completed 2004)
- Janesville to Waseca (stage B completed 2006)
- Waseca Bypass (stage C 2008-2012)
- Waseca to I-35 at Owatonna (stage D 2009-2012)
Other Hwy 14 projects
Current status - OPEN TO TRAFFIC
- New four-lane expressway opened to traffic on Aug.31, 2012.
- The final stages (C-D) Waseca to Owatonna have only minor finishing work left.
Highway 14 is a key corridor to the economy in southern Minnesota, connecting New Ulm, Mankato, Owatonna and Rochester. Expansion to a four-lane roadway with bypasses will:
- Improve safety and mobility between cities
- Reduce the number and severity of crashes