Hwy 14 construction in North Mankato and Mankato starts June 11
Expect significant traffic delays and congestion during peak travel times
MANKATO, Minn. — Construction on Hwy 14 from Lookout Drive in North Mankato to Hwy 22 in Mankato will begin Monday, June 11, weather permitting. The project will be done under traffic, but motorists can expect significant delays and congestion during peak travel times.
There will be lane closures, lane shifts and ramp closures as crews work through the area in segments. The anticipated dates for lane and ramp closures can be viewed on the project website mndot.gov/d7/projects/hwy14mankato.
Motorists are advised to find alternative routes, change travel times to avoid peak traffic periods, or plan for extra travel time.
Six miles of construction on Hwy 14 from Lookout Drive to Hwy 22 includes:
- Resurfacing sections of the highway
- Repairing deteriorated culvert sections, including a large culvert at Thompson Creek
- Repairing ditch along westbound Lor Ray Drive exit ramp
- Updating pedestrian sidewalk ramps at 3rd Avenue and Riverfront Drive interchanges
- Updating median guardrail at bridges
- Repairing pavement approaches to bridges over Victory Drive and the railroad near Eagle Lake
OMG Midwest (Southern Minnesota Construction) of Mankato, MN, was awarded the project with a bid of $5.3 million.
For information on the Hwy 14 Mankato project and to sign up for project update emails, visit mndot.gov/d7/projects/hwy14mankato.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit www.511mn.org.