Hwy 109 construction from Wells to Alden starts May 7
MANKATO, Minn. – Construction will begin on Highway 109 from Wells to Alden starting Monday, May 7, and motorists will be detoured around the project.
Highway 109 will be closed during construction, and motorists traveling from Wells will be detoured south on Highway 22 and east on Interstate 90 to Alden.
The ten miles of Highway 109 construction work includes:
- Resurfacing the existing pavement
- Replacing more than 20 culverts
- Reconstructing pedestrian ramps to meet American Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines
- Extending pavement in some areas for wider paved shoulders
- Replacing guardrails
- Replacing centerline and shoulder rumble strips
Mathy Construction of Onalaska, WI, was awarded the project with a bid of $5,800,000.
MnDOT urges motorists to be attentive, drive with caution, slow down in work zones and never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.