Public open house for Hwy 169 construction set for April 19 in St. Peter
MANKATO, Minn. — The public is invited to learn about upcoming construction planned for Hwy 169 between St. Peter and Le Sueur. The open house is scheduled from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 19, at the St. Peter Recreation Center, 600 South 5th Street, Room 219, St. Peter.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will provide information about the project and staff will be available on-site to answer questions.
Construction is scheduled to begin April 30 and continue through October on the ten miles of northbound Hwy 169 between St. Peter and Le Sueur, which includes:
- Resurfacing northbound lanes for a smoother road surface
- Replacing northbound bridge over Robart’s Creek, just north of St. Peter
- Cleaning, repairing and replacing culverts
- Upgrading guardrail
- Adding high tension cable median barrier to protect against median crossover head-to-head accidents
- Grading to improve drainage patterns and roadway side slopes
- Installing interchange lighting at the Hwy 169/Highway 93 interchange in Le Sueur
- Adding Dynamic Message Signs to provide traveler information
During construction, northbound and southbound Hwy 169 traffic will be reduced to a single lane, head-to-head configuration. While no detour is anticipated for Hwy 169, there will be periodic ramp closures throughout the project that will impact local traffic.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call the Minnesota Relay service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more project information, visit the projects’ website at www.dot.state.mn.us/d7/projects/hwy169.