MnDOT advising no travel on some hwys in Rock & Noble’s Counties
Includes Highways 23, 75 and 91
MANKATO, Minn – (12 noon) The Mankato office of the Minnesota Department of Transportation has issued a no travel advisory for three highways in the southwest corner of Minnesota until further notice. These highways are in addition to the southwest Minnesota advisory sent by the Willmar office earlier this morning.
The no travel advisory applies to the following areas:
- Highway 23 north of I-90 in Rock County
- Highway 75 in Rock County
- Highway 91 in Nobles County
- Check www.511mn.org for specific roads covered by the no travel advisory
Visibility has been dramatically reduced. Some white out conditions are present and roads are completely covered with blowing snow. Crews are out working hard to improve road conditions. If you must travel, MnDOT advises motorists to slow down, use their headlights and give plows room to work.
Other areas of southwest Minnesota not named above are experiencing poor visibility, high winds, snow, slush and slippery roads as well.
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down and use your head lights. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.