MnDOT update on flooded state highways in south central MN
Highway 99 East at St. Peter to open
Mankato, Minn. – (8 a.m.) Highway 99 East at St. Peter near the Minnesota River Bridge will open at 9 am today.
Highway 99 East at St. Peter has been closed due to flooding since June 22.
Highways CLOSED include:
- Hwy 19 Henderson to Hwy 169 (closed June 19)
- Hwy 93 Henderson to Hwy 169 (closed June 19)
- Hwy 93 from Highway 169 to LeSueur (closed June 21 a.m.)
Highways NOW OPEN include:
- Hwy 22 Mankato to St. Peter (opened June 24 at 8 a.m.)
- Hwy 169 from Mankato to St. Peter (both lanes open) (opened June 24)
- Hwy 22 in Gaylord (opened June 20)
- Hwy 19 west of Gaylord (opened June 21)
- Hwy 169 St. Peter to LeSueur (opened June 26) (restricted lane in area of dike on the northbound lanes and single lane closures on southbound lanes due to construction)
- Hwy 99 East at St. Peter near Minnesota River Bridge (opening June 28 at 9 am)
Statewide flood closures can be found at http://www.dot.state.mn.us/flood/
For statewide travel information, visit www.511mn.org .
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
For additional updates, ‘like’ MnDOT at www.facebook.com/mndot, follow @mndotscentral on Twitter.