Traffic Engineers staff roundabout booth at River Hills Mall March 29
Find out how multi-lane roundabouts are as easy as 1, 2, 3
MANKATO, Minn. – Find out if you are roundabout ready at the interactive Highway 22 Mankato Roundabouts booth on Saturday, March 29 at the River Hills Mall in Mankato.
The public is encouraged to stop by and visit between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. with area traffic engineers about driving multi-lane roundabouts – specifically the ones scheduled for construction this summer on Highway 22 in Mankato.
The mall event is intended to ramp-up the educational campaign on navigating multi-lane roundabouts as the roundabouts on Highway 22 with Adams Street and Madison Avenue are expected to be under construction in May/June and the motoring public driving them in September.
Key concepts to learn for those new to multi-lane roundabouts include taking it slow, picking your lane and yielding (or stopping, if necessary) to your left. What motorists should NOT do is stop, pass or change lanes in the roundabout.
The interactive booth located near Target will feature:
- Videos on how to navigate a multi-lane roundabout
- A rug replicating the Highway 22 and Madison Ave roundabout
- Table-top roundabout with toy cars
- Handouts with driving tips
- Handouts with detour information and local accesses to your area businesses
- Engineering staff to visit one-on-one with the public
Other currently scheduled opportunities to learn more about driving two-lane roundabouts include:
- Website: www.roundaboutready.com
- Kiosk at River Hills Mall through September
- Videos playing on Mankato’s CCTV
- Construction open house (Spring date TBD)
- Mankato Sr. Expo booth on May 13
- SC TZD Workshop on May 14
More events are yet to be scheduled. The Minnesota Department of Transportation, city of Mankato and Blue Earth County are partners on the Highway 22 roundabout project.