- Rebecca Arndt
Minnesota Department of
District 7, Mankato/Windom
2151 Bassett Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 to LeSueur open
MANKATO, Minn. –(1:00 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol report that Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 to LeSueur will open at 3:00 p.m. today.
Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 to LeSueur has been closed since March 22 due to flooding.
- Hwy 19 from Hwy 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 20
- Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 21
- Alternate route - Hwys 25, 5 and 19
- Hwy 22 from Mankato to St. Peter
- Closed March 23
- Alternate route – Hwy 169
- Hwy 62 from Fulda to Windom
- Closed March 21/opened March 24
- Hwy 19 west of Henderson
- Closed March 24/opened March 25
- Hwy 99 east of Hwy 169 in St. Peter to LeSueur County Road 21
- Closed March 26/opened March 30
- Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 into LeSueur
- Closed March 22/opened April 1
- Hwy 169 St. Peter to LeSueur
The outside northbound lane of Hwy 169 between St. Peter and LeSueur is closed due to a temporary sand dike.
Rail crossing alert:
- The Union Pacific Railroad plans to take the railroad crossing signals out of service on Hwy 99 near St. Peter and nearby flood-prone roads due to the expected flooding of the Minnesota River. The UP will use flagging operations during train operations.
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.