- Rebecca Arndt
Minnesota Department of
District 7, Mankato/Windom
2151 Bassett Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Hwy 19 west of Henderson opens
Hwy 169 may stay open for weekend
MANKATO, Minn. – (3:30 p.m.) Hw 19 west of Henderson is now open to traffic. The Minnesota Department of Transportation made repairs to a washed out section on Hwy 19.
Mn/DOT officials are optimistic with the current river forecasts that Hwy 169 will stay open through the weekend. However, the Hwy 99 bridge over the Minnesota River east of St. Peter is being monitored closely and motorists should check www.511mn.org before they travel.
- Hwy 19 from Hwy 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 20
- Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 21
- Alternate route - Hwys 25, 5 and 19
- Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 into LeSueur
- Closed March 22
- Alternate route – Hwy 112
- Hwy 22 from Mankato to St. Peter
- Closed March 23
- Alternate route – Hwy 169
- Hwy 62 from Fulda to Windom
- Closed March 21/opened March 24
- Hwy 19 west of Henderson
- Closed March 24/opened March 25
- Hwy 169 St. Peter to LeSueur
The outside northbound lane of Hwy 169 between St. Peter and LeSueur is closed due to a temporary sand dike.
Rail crossing alert:
- The Union Pacific Railroad plans to take the railroad crossing signals out of service on Hwy 99 near St. Peter and nearby flood-prone roads due to the expected flooding of the Minnesota River. The UP will use flagging operations during train operations.
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.