- Rebecca Arndt
Minnesota Department of
District 7, Mankato/Windom
2151 Bassett Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Hwy 62 open, Hwy 19 west of Henderson being repaired
MANKATO, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation was able to open Hwy 62 from Fulda to Windom after water receded this afternoon.
The washed out section of Hwy 19 west of Henderson is being repaired. Crews will be working into the evening with the hope of opening the road by dark. Motorists can check www.511mn.org for updates.
- Hwy 19 from Hwy 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 20
- Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 21
- Alternate route - Hwys 25, 5 and 19
- Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 into LeSueur
- Closed March 22
- Alternate route – Hwy 112
- Hwy 22 from Mankato to St. Peter
- Closed March 23
- Alternate route – Hwy 169
- Hwy 19 west of Henderson
- Closed March 24
- Find alternate route on local roads
- Hwy 62 from Fulda to Windom
- Closed March 21/Opened March 24
- Hwy 169 St. Peter to LeSueur
The outside northbound lane of Hwy 169 between St. Peter and LeSueur is closed due to a temporary sand dike.
Rail crossing alert:
- The Union Pacific Railroad plans to take the railroad crossing signals out of service on Hwy 99 near St. Peter and nearby flood-prone roads due to the expected flooding of the Minnesota River. The UP will use flagging operations during train operations.
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.