- Rebecca Arndt
Minnesota Department of
District 7, Mankato/Windom
2151 Bassett Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Hwy 19 west of Henderson temporarily closed due to washout
MANKATO, Minn. – (11:00 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and State Patrol have temporarily closed Highway 19 west of Henderson due to a washed out section of road.
Highway 19 will be closed until further notice. Motorists will need to find alternate routes on local roads. Once the wash out is stabilized, Mn/DOT will work to open the road as soon as possible.
- Highway 19 from Highway 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 20
- Highway 93 from Highway 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 21
- Alternate route - Highways 25, 5 and 19
- Highway 93 from Highway 169 into LeSueur
- Closed March 22
- Alternate route – Highway 112
- Highway 22 from Mankato to St. Peter
- Closed March 23
- Alternate route – Highway 169
- Highway 62 from Fulda to Windom
- Closed March 21
- Alternate route – Cottonwood County Roads 7, 13 and 5
- Highway 19 west of Henderson
- Closed March 24
- Find alternate route on local roads
- Highway 169 St. Peter to LeSueur
The outside northbound lane of Highway 169 between St. Peter and LeSueur is closed due to a temporary sand dike.
Rail crossing alert:
- The Union Pacific Railroad plans to take the railroad crossing signals out of service on Highway 99 near St. Peter and nearby flood-prone roads due to the expected flooding of the Minnesota River. The UP will use flagging operations during train operations.
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.