- Rebecca Arndt
Minnesota Department of
District 7, Mankato/Windom
2151 Bassett Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Hwy 22 from Mankato to St. Peter closed due to flooding
MANKATO, Minn. – (8:30 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation closed Hwy 22 from Mankato to St. Peter early this morning due to flooding near the asphalt plant.
Motorists can use Hwy 169 for an alternate route or local traffic can follow the detour on LeSueur County Roads 21, 18 and 102.
- Hwy 19 from Hwy 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 20
- Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 to Henderson
- Closed March 21
- Alternate route - Hwys 25, 5 and 19
- Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 into LeSueur
- Closed March 22
- Alternate route – Hwy 112
- Hwy 22 from Mankato to St. Peter
- Closed March 23
- Alternate route – Hwy 169
- Hwy 169 St. Peter to LeSueur
The outside northbound lane of Hwy 169 between St. Peter and LeSueur is closed due to a temporary sand dike.
Rail crossing alert:
- The Union Pacific Railroad plans to take the railroad crossing signals out of service on Hwy 99 near St. Peter and nearby flood-prone roads due to the expected flooding of the Minnesota River. The UP will use flagging operations during train operations.
Flooding is difficult to predict and roads may be closed or restricted without warning. Log and ice jams can further complicate flood forecasts. Motorists are advised to check road conditions at www.511mn.org in advance of travel.
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.