- Rebecca Arndt
Minnesota Department of
District 7, Mankato/Windom
2151 Bassett Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
MAJOR UPDATE: Flood travel advisory - March 21 PM - Hwy 93 at Henderson CLOSED!
Ice jam released at Henderson keeps Highway 93 open today - CLOSED
MANKATO, Minn. – (3 p.m.) An ice jam that broke free on the Minnesota River at Henderson lowered the river elevation and eliminated the need for the Minnesota Department of Transportation to close Highway 93 at Henderson today.
- Highway 19 from Highway 169 to Henderson
- Alternate route – Highway 93
Potential closings to follow Tuesday, March 22:
- Highway 93 from Highway 169 to Henderson
- Alternate route - Highways 25, 5 and 19
- Highway 169 St. Peter to LeSueur
The outside northbound lane of Highway 169 between St. Peter and LeSueur is closed due to a temporary sand dike.
Rail crossing alert:
- The Union Pacific Railroad plans to take the railroad crossing signals out of service on Highway 99 near St. Peter and nearby flood-prone roads due to the expected flooding of the Minnesota River. The UP will use flagging operations during train operations.
Flooding is difficult to predict and roads may be closed or restricted without warning. Log and ice jams can further complicate flood forecasts. Motorists are advised to check road conditions at www.511mn.org in advance of travel.When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.