Mankato, Minn. – Area businesses and landowners impacted by the reconstruction of State Highway 19 on the east side of New Prague are encouraged to attend an open house with Mn/DOT staff and the construction contractor on Tuesday, May 22 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the New Prague Library at 400 E. Main Street.
The open house is an opportunity for area residents to visit one-on-one with the staff that will be reconstructing Highway 19 (Main Street) from Sunrise Avenue to Alton Avenue from mid-June to October. The project includes the following traffic impacts:
- The anticipated start date for the road construction project is June 11, 2007.
- The project will result in a closure of Highway 19 to through traffic during most of the project.
- The detour consists of County Road 89 / Redwing Avenue to County Road 2, and will be in place for the duration of the project.
- The County Road 37 / 10th Avenue or the Chalupsky Avenue crossings of Highway 19 will be open at all times.
- 10th Avenue S.E. will remain open to 1st Street S.E. at all times, but may be reduced to a single lane much of the time.
- Access will be provided to all properties that ONLY have direct access to Highway 19.
- Construction on Highway 19 from Sunrise Avenue to the intersection with County Road 37/10th Ave S.E. and connecting portions of County Road 37 and 10th Avenue S.E. should be complete by July 20 (weather permitting).
- The anticipated completion date for the road construction project is mid-October.
The completed project, with an estimated cost of $3 million, includes a traffic signal system at the intersection with County Road 37 / 10th Avenue and roundabouts at the intersections with Chalupsky and Alton Avenues.
See map with project information and detour.
Go to Top