- City of Winona
- Current preliminary design schedule (PDF, 211 KB)
- Construction begins in 2015
- $150 million to $175 million (total planning-level cost estimate)
- Cost range includes right-of-way, design and construction contract administration and reflects a number of unknowns and assumptions
Winona Bridge project public meeting
Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Winona Armory, 1303 Horner Rd in Winona, Minn.
This bridge has a gross weight limit of 80,000 pounds until further notice.
This project will result in a crossing of the Mississippi River that will be structurally sound through the design year of the project.
- Existing bridge is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- MnDOT has recommended a two-bridge solution that rehabilitates the existing bridge and builds a new permanent bridge immediately upstream of the existing bridge
- Maintaining traffic on the crossing to the maximum extent possible is a key concern
- Municipal consent is required from the city of Winona