About this project
Please slow down and drive carefully through the work zone.
- Hwy 61 reduced to one lane in each direction through September
- ‘No Name Road’ closed off and removed
Work continues on Phase 3. This will reconstruct existing Gilmore Avenue on the east side of Hwy 61 and construct the roundabout.
Last week on Gilmore Ave
- Finished Phase 3 storm sewer installation.
- Hauled in sand and gravel for Gilmore West and the old section of Gilmore Avenue in front of Subway.
- Progress slowed at the end of the week due to weather.
This week on Gilmore Ave
- Finish fine grading Gilmore Avenue.
- Begin construction of concrete curb, gutter, and sidewalks.
- Electrical contractor pulling wires into conduits for new street lights.
Summary of work
This project will replace the outdated signal systems and improve safety in the corridor. The signal systems at the intersections of Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Gilmore Avenue and Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Service Drive are overdue for replacement. Numerous crashes and near misses are occurring at these intersections and the intersection of Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Orrin Street.
- $1.9 million