About this project
Please slow down and drive carefully through the work zone.
- Hwy 61 reduced to one lane in each direction through September
- ‘No Name Road’ closed off and removed
Work continued on Phase 2. Work will continue this week in the median areas with plans to shift to Phase 3 late next week. Phase 3 will shut down Gilmore Ave and detour Gilmore traffic.
As required by the contract, no work can take place that will impact traffic after noon on Friday, July 1. There will be no construction over the Fourth of July weekend.
The work zone will continue to be busy with equipment, people, and trucks coming in and out. Please take extra care and devote your full attention while driving through the area. Paving will take place on both sides of Hwy 61.
Last week on Gilmore Ave
- Continued grading new turn lanes and area in the median
- Began construction of the new signal system at Gilmore Ave
- Installed a new storm sewer piping and manholes
This week on Gilmore Ave
- Continue work on new signal system
- Finish up storm sewer construction
- Pour curb and gutter for in median area and on West Service Drive
- Finish up grading in preparation for asphalt paving the following week
Summary of work
This project will replace the outdated signal systems and improve safety in the corridor. The signal systems at the intersections of Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Gilmore Avenue and Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Service Drive are overdue for replacement. Numerous crashes and near misses are occurring at these intersections and the intersection of Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Orrin Street.
- $1.9 million