About this project
Please slow down and drive carefully through the work zone.
- Hwy 61 reduced to one lane in each direction through September
- ‘No Name Road’ closed off and removed
Work continued in week No. 2. The contractor encountered some delay in constructing the new Gilmore Avenue section. While excavating for the new road, they encountered very wet, sloppy soil. Additional material had to be dug out and hauled off site. In its place large sized gravel was hauled in to bridge over the poor soil.
Last week on Gilmore Avenue:
- Continued work on new Gilmore Avenue
- Removed old signal system at 'No Name Road'. This temporarily and unexpectedly shutdown the system at Gilmore.
- Installed several culverts/storm sewer sections in existing median area.
This week on Gilmore Avenue:
- Finish hauling sand and gravel to new Gilmore Avenue section.
- Pour curb and gutter on new Gilmore Avenue section once grading is complete.
This project will replace the outdated signal systems and improve safety in the corridor. The signal systems at the intersections of Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Gilmore Avenue and Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Service Drive are overdue for replacement. Numerous crashes and near misses are occurring at these intersections and the intersection of Hwy 61/Hwy 14 and Orrin Street.
- $1.9 million