- Lane & ramp closures
Hwy 52 Cannon Falls interchange work continues with flaggers directing traffic
Work was slowed by cold weather and rain and a design modification last week, but crews have re-started Phase 2 this week. All the concrete on the splitter islands will be poured Wednesday and Thursday of this week and the concrete should cure during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Traffic will remain open during the holiday weekend.
On Tuesday, May 30 Phase 3 work will begin. This phase requires the use of a temporary signal system. The length of time to clear traffic across the entire bridge span will be lengthy so this has the potential to create long delays. Motorists can use alternate routes during heavy traffic times to avoid backups and delays. The signal system will be in place 24 hours a day to accommodate work and concrete curing. Work on this phase will take approximately 10 days.
This week on Highway 24:
- Saw cutting and removing concrete at the ends of the medians (bullnoses).
- Pour new concrete at the end of all medians for the new configuration on both outer roundabouts.
- Phase 2 to be completed this week.
- Work completed during daylight hours.
- Traffic open at all times. Flaggers will direct traffic during working hours.
If you have any other general questions about the project, please feel free to contract MnDOT Project Engineer Jeffrey Bunch at 507-205-6413 or Jeffrey.email@example.com.