At 8 p.m., Thursday, June 19, 55th Street Northwest will be closed at Highway 52. No traffic will be allowed to cross the highway or turn onto the highway. Then at 9 p.m., Highway 52 will be closed in both directions. The closure could be in effect through 6 a.m., Friday, June 20, however, if construction crews are able to open the roadways sooner, they will do so.
55th Street NW traffic will be detoured to 41st Street Northwest and the east and west frontage roads to reach local destinations.
Northbound and southbound Highway 52 traffic will be routed up and down the ramps at 55th Street. Traffic signals at the ramps will be kept green to improve traffic flow.
The closure is necessary for the safety of motorists and construction crews while beams are set on the bridge that spans Highway 52.
- Intermittent lane closures on Highway 52
- Short term late night full closures when bridge beams are placed
- Lane shifts and lane restrictions on 55th Street for the duration of the project
- Expect congested traffic on 55th Street
- Bicycle and pedestrian traffic will be accommodated on 55th Street on at least one side of the street at all times