Hwy 58 in Red Wing to open March 4 after water main repair
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Highway 58 in Red Wing is scheduled to open Friday morning, March 4 after water main repairs are complete, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Highway 58 (Plum Street) and West Fourth Street was closed on Sunday evening, Feb. 28 after a water main break occurred in downtown Red Wing. Repairs are complete for now and paving is wrapping up.
In the meantime, traffic will continue its detour routes:
- Northbound Highway 58: West on West Fifth Street, north on Bush Street to Highway 61 (Main Street).
- Southbound Highway 58: West on West Third Street, south on Bush Street to Highway 58.
The city of Red Wing is handling the road closure and repair.
Watch MnDOT’s road conditions map www.511mn.org and follow MnDOT’s Twitter in southeast Minnesota, www.twitter.com/mndotsoutheast for the opening of the road on Friday morning.
For real-time Minnesota traffic and travel information, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.
MnDOT urges motorists to follow these recommendations in work zones:
• Stay alert
• Watch for signs, equipment and workers
• Minimize distractions, such as using cell phones, eating or drinking
• Avoid tailgating
• Follow posted speed limits and directional signs
• Stay in one lane while driving through a work zone
# # #