Open house set for May 14 on Hwy 61 mill and overlay project in Red Wing
Rochester, Minn. – Residents are reminded that the Minnesota Department of Transportation is holding an open house Wednesday, May 14 at the Red Wing Public Library to learn more about the upcoming Hwy 61 mill and overlay project to be completed in 2015.
The meeting is from 5 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, May 14 in the Foot Room of the Red Wing Public Library, 225 East Ave. A presentation is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
MnDOT engineers will provide an update on the status of the project and will give attendees an opportunity to provide comments to the project team. The project involves two segments of Hwy 61:
- Segment 1 is from Sevastopol Road to Potter Street
- Segment 2 is from Old West Main Street to Hwy 19
This is a separate project from the Hwy 61 reconstruction from Potter Street to Old West Main Street, to be completed in 2015 as well.
The purpose of the project is to remove and replace the deteriorated pavement, while making other safety improvements on Hwy 61.
MnDOT urges motorists to follow these recommendations in work zones:
• Stay alert
• Watch for signs, equipment and workers
• Minimize distractions, such as using cell phones, eating or drinking
• Avoid tailgating
• Follow posted speed limits and directional signs
• Stay in one lane while driving through a work zone