I-90 ramp closures in Austin begin June 19
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Motorists will encounter ramp closures along the Interstate 90 corridor in Austin beginning Wednesday, June 19, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The ramp closures include:
- 11th Drive Northeast on Wednesday, June 19 through Thursday, June 20
- 28th Street Northeast on Wednesday, June 19
- Highway 56 on Thursday, June 20
- Highway 218 south/21st Street Northeast on Friday, June 21
- 6th Street Northeast on Saturday, June 22
- Oakland Place on Monday, June 24 through Wednesday, June 26
- Highway 105 on Tuesday, June 25
- 4th Street Northwest on Tuesday, June 25 through Thursday, June 27
- Highway 218 north on Wednesday, June 26
All closure dates are weather permitting.
Motorists should use alternate routes.
The closures are necessary as crews repave the ramps and conduct storm sewer repairs.
PCI Roads, LLC is the prime contractor for the $7.6 million project.
MnDOT urges motorists to always drive with caution, slow down in work zones and never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.