- Jessica Wiens
Public Affairs Coordinator
- Kristine Hernandez
TZD Coordinator/ Public Affairs Team Leader
Minnesota Department of
2900 48th Street
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
MnDOT marks 50th anniversary of National Public Works Week
May 16-22, 2010
ROCHESTER, Minn. —The hard work and dedication of the tens of thousands of men and women who build and maintain our country’s infrastructure and provide services will be celebrated during National Public Works Week, May 16-22, 2010.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the week-long event established by the American Public Works Association. The public education campaign also serves to draw attention to the importance of public works in our communities, states and the nation.
Some of the many activities carried out by maintenance employees at the Minnesota Department of Transportation include:
- Bridge deck repair, cleaning and emergency response
- Noise wall repair
- Maintenance, inspection and repair of sign structures
- Replacement of roadway striping and pavement markings, such as pedestrian crosswalks
- Road repair such as pothole patching
- Repair and replacement of signal and lighting systems
- Drainage systems repair and replacement
- Snow removal
These services are vital to the efficient operation of our state’s transportation system and contribute to the overall safety and mobility of all Minnesotans.