- Kristine Hernandez
TZD Coordinator/ Public Affairs Team Leader
- Jessica Wiens
Public Affairs Coordinator
- Kristin Kammueller
Community Relations Coordinator
Minnesota Department of
Rochester District 6
2900 48th Street
Rochester, MN 55901
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
No Travel Advisory continues overnight
ROCHESTER, Minn.- (3:30 P.M.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation advises no unnecessary travel in southeastern Minnesota through the overnight hours, due to heavy snow, slippery conditions and reduced visibility.
Westbound Interstate 90 from Albert Lea to the South Dakota border continues to be closed and will remain closed overnight.
No highways or other roads are anticipated to close at this time; however, motorists may encounter brief lane closures where crashes occur.
If you must travel, MnDOT reminds motorists to follow safe winter driving practices, including:
- Plan ahead – give yourself extra time to travel.
- Clear snow and ice from vehicle windows, hood, headlights, brake lights and directional signals.
- Drive slowly – Lower speeds help drivers avoid crashes and minimize those that occur.
- Keep a safe stopping distance between vehicles – Leave extra room between your vehicle and snow plows or other removal equipment.
- Always use seat belts.
- Adjust speed to road and weather conditions.
- Avoid using cruise-control.
- Turn on headlights when it is sleeting or snowing.
For updated information, call 511 or click on www.511mn.org.
STAY BACK IS FOR WINTER