The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the city of Starbuck are partnering for a 2020 resurfacing and reconstruction project on Hwys 28, 29 and 114 in the city. The project includes pavement resurfacing, pedestrian accessibility (ADA) improvements, utility replacements and a trail extension.
Key project elements
- Resurfacing of Hwys 28, 29 and 114 in Starbuck
- Downtown complete streets reconstruction
- Utility replacement
- Sidewalk improvements & ADA accessibility upgrades
- Shared-use path on the east side of Hwy 29
- Shared-use path on the south side of Hwy 28 east of Hwy 29
Current traffic impacts
- The intersection of Highways 28, 29 and 114 is closed, as well as Highway 114 up to Eighth Street. Detour routes:
- Northbound/southbound traffic: Sixth Street, Abercrombie Street and Eighth Street. While crews work at the Eighth Street intersection, traffic will temporarily use Ninth Street for part of the detour (a portion of this temporary route is gravel)
- Eastbound/westbound traffic: Abercrombie Street, Sixth Street, Wollan Street
- All truck traffic should follow the truck detour (see truck route info below).