The 2017 project will fill in the "gap" between the 2015 project to expand Hwy 75 south of 40th Ave. and the 2016 diverging diamond interchange project.
Work began Aug. 14.
Paving work began Sept. 15 and is expected to take up to one week. Traffic will be reduced to a single lane in each direction between 35th Ave./Belsly Blvd and 40th Ave. while crews are working. Expect delays.
Summary of work
- Pave Hwy 75/8th St. between Belsly Blvd/35th Ave and 40th Ave.
- Install a traffic signal at 37th Ave.
- Upgrade the existing traffic signal at 40th Ave. to include a flashing yellow arrow
- Construct a multi-use trail on the west side of Hwy 75/8th St. between 35th Ave. and 40th Ave.
- Construct a sidewalk on the east side of Hwy 75/8th St. between 30th Ave. and 40th Ave.
- Intermittent lane closures between 30th Ave. and 40th Ave.
- $1.3 million