The Minnesota Department of Transportation plans to realign Hwy 75 near Kent in 2015-2016. Click here for the latest project layout (24 MB pdf).
- One mile of current Hwy 75 bypassed
- New bridge constructed over Whiskey Creek
- New bridge constructed over the BNSF tracks
- Roadway will be above the 100-year flood elevation
- Additional right of way required for construction
- Construction impacts (Possible detours, closures and delays)
- County road access and alignment adjustments
- $9 million
Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The Environmental Assessment Worksheet for the Hwy 75 realignment project is now available. The comment period runs from Sept. 15, 2014 to Oct. 15, 2014. An electronic copy is available by clicking here (3 MB PDF).
The EAW is also available in hard copy at the following locations:
- MnDOT District 4, 1000 Hwy 10 W, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
- Fergus Falls Public Library, 205 E Hampden Avenue, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Breckenridge Public Library, 205 7th Street N, Breckenridge, MN 56520
- Hennepin County Library, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Written comments should be directed to:
1000 Hwy 10 W
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
To request this document in an alternative format, please contact the Affirmative Action Office at 651-366-4723 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota); 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay). You may also send an e-mail to ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org.