Resurfacing, bridge replacement project complete
- Highway 59, north Otter Tail County line to Pelican Rapids
- Construction ended Oct. 2012
- Central Specialties Inc.
- Robert R. Schroeder Construction Inc.
Project complete - Oct. 30, 2012
- Existing pavement between Otter Tail County Road 20 and Otter Tail County Road 9 was milled approximately three inches and resurfaced with bituminous, creating a smoother ride and more stable roadway.
- Both Pelican River bridges on the east side of Prairie Lake were replaced with a different style bridge and wider shoulders, providing safer and longer lasting crossings.
- Center left turn lanes were added at the following locations to allow traffic to pass left-turning motorists safely on the right:
- Otter Tail County Road 20
- Otter Tail County Road 31
- State Highway 34
- Otter Tail County Road 4
- A culvert was replaced between Franklin Lake Road and East Lake Lizzie Road/Fish Lake Road.
Intersection lighting was also added to the three county road intersections for additional safety.
- The contract was let on March 23. Central Specialties Inc. was awarded the contract.
- Construction began in early August
- Construction ended Oct. 29
MnDOT appreciatates your cooperation and patience during the construction project.