The Minnesota Department of Transportation will complete several road and safety improvements in Moorhead beginning Monday, May 20. Work is expected to be complete by the end of September, weather permitting.
- Resurface Main Avenue between the Veterans Memorial Bridge and Eighth Street
- Replace six traffic signals along Center Avenue and Main Avenue (including features to assist pedestrians who are blind or visually impaired)
- Install a pedestrian-activated crosswalk signal on Eighth Street at 10th Avenue near Concordia College
- Improve pedestrian accessibility at several intersections along Hwy 10 and Hwy 75
- Install underground fiber optic cable along various roads
- Install electronic changeable message signs on Interstate 94 near the Red River in Fargo and Highway 10 near Dilworth
- Lane closures
- No detours or closures of Hwy 10 or Hwy 75 anticipated
- Fourth Street and Fifth Street may require short-term closures at the railroad tracks north of Main Avenue.
May 16th Update:
Work on May 20 will begin with pedestrian accessibility improvements on Hwy 10 and Hwy 75. Crews will also start replacing traffic signals on eastbound Main Avenue between Eighth Street and Fourth Street. Pedestrians will experience sidewalk detours, and motorists will experience lane closures.
MnDOT strongly encourages truck traffic going through Moorhead on Hwy 10 to use I-94 between West Fargo and Hwy 336.
- $4.8 million