Improvements made this summer
- Resurfaced Main Avenue between the Veterans Memorial Bridge and Eighth Street
- Replaced six traffic signals along Center Avenue and Main Avenue (including features to assist pedestrians who are blind or visually impaired)
- Installed a pedestrian-activated crosswalk signal on Eighth Street at 10th Avenue near Concordia College (Click here for an explanation of the HAWK signal) (700 KB pdf)
- Improved pedestrian accessibility at several intersections along Hwy 10 and Hwy 75
- Installed underground fiber optic cable along various roads
- Installed electronic changeable message signs on Interstate 94 near the Red River in Fargo and Highway 10 near Dilworth
Americans with Disabilities Act
All MnDOT projects--both new construction and rehabilitation projects-- must include an evaluation to ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Upgraded to APS signals at intersections within the construction zone
- Added truncated domes to sidewalks at intersections
- Installed a pedestrian-activated crosswalk signal at 8th St. and 10th Ave. South near Concordia College
Click here for more information on APS signals.