The city of Alexandria and MnDOT are reconstructing Broadway/Hwy 29 in downtown Alexandria from 3rd Ave. to 8th Ave. Work began May 12.
- The latest construction information is available at www.alexroadreport.com. This MnDOT page only includes general project information.
- Through-traffic will detour around downtown Alexandria using Douglas County Road 45 and Douglas County Road 46.
- Traffic in downtown Alexandria will detour onto Fillmore Street and Hawthorne Street.
- Access to local businesses will be maintained throughout the project.
The project will be constructed in three sections this year:
- 3rd Ave. to 6th Ave. (excluding the 6th Ave. intersection)
- 6th Ave. intersection
- 6th Ave. (excluding the intersection) to 8th Ave.
Construction cost estimate
- $5.5 million