Two related projects will be completed in Benson in 2017.
Current status and impacts
- Milling and paving is complete
- Final striping remains
- Expect intermittent lane and shoulder closures
Sidewalk/Signal/Storm sewer/Intersection work
- Sidewalk improvements in the following locations:
- Hwy 29 - from Oregon Ave south to Clark Ave.
- Hwy 9 - from west of the Chippewa River to northeast to Sunwall Ave.
- Hwy 12 - from west of 19th St. east to near County Road 25
- Storm sewer upgrades
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave./13th St.
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave./14th St.
- Intersection modifications
- Minnesota Ave./Church St.
- Atlantic Ave./13th St.
- Traffic signal upgrades
Click here for a map showing areas specific areas where sidewalks will be improved. **Please note these areas may be adjusted slightly during construction.**
Resurfacing work limits extend beyond the sidewalk work limits in most directions. Work is set to begin the week of July 17.
- Hwy 29 - from near Oakwood Ave. to the Chippewa River
- Hwy 9 - from the Chippewa River to north of Co Rd 104/20th St.
- Hwy 12 - from near 19th St. to near Co Rd 25 on the east edge of Benson