Two related projects will be completed in Benson in 2017.
Current status and impacts
- Work is scheduled to begin Monday, May 1 (although some preliminary work may start earlier)
- Sidewalk work begins on Highway 12 east of downtown Benson
- Pedestrians: Expect sidewalk detours
- Motorists: Expect intermittent lane and shoulder closures
Storm sewer work is tenatively scheduled to begin Monday, May 8 at the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and 13th Street. The intersection will close for about two weeks.
Detour for Hwy 9 - 20th Street and Highway 29
Detour for Hwy 12 - County Road 72/County Road 25, Highway 9, 20th Street and Highway 29.
Sidewalk/Signal/Storm sewer/Intersection work
- Sidewalk improvements in the following locations:
- Hwy 29 - from Oregon Ave south to Clark Ave.
- Hwy 9 - from west of the Chippewa River to northeast to Sunwall Ave.
- Hwy 12 - from west of 19th St. east to near County Road 25
- Storm sewer upgrades
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave./13th St.
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave./14th St.
- Intersection modifications
- Minnesota Ave./Church St.
- Atlantic Ave./13th St.
- Traffic signal upgrades
Click here for a map showing areas specific areas where sidewalks will be improved. **Please note these areas may be adjusted slightly during construction.**
Resurfacing work limits extend beyond the sidewalk work limits in most directions.
- Hwy 29 - from near Oakwood Ave. to the Chippewa River
- Hwy 9 - from the Chippewa River to north of Co Rd 104/20th St.
- Hwy 12 - from near 19th St. to near Co Rd 25 on the east edge of Benson
- Lane closures, traffic shifts