Two related projects will be completed in Benson in 2017.
Current status and impacts
- Milling and paving is nearing completion
- Striping will be completed the week of Aug. 14
- Expect intermittent lane and shoulder closures
Aug. 10 update
We expect all paving work to be complete this week. Thank you for your continued patience.
Next week, striping will be completed. That work will require occasional lane closures and traffic shifts.
Sidewalk/Signal/Storm sewer/Intersection work
- Sidewalk improvements in the following locations:
- Hwy 29 - from Oregon Ave south to Clark Ave.
- Hwy 9 - from west of the Chippewa River to northeast to Sunwall Ave.
- Hwy 12 - from west of 19th St. east to near County Road 25
- Storm sewer upgrades
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave./13th St.
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave./14th St.
- Intersection modifications
- Minnesota Ave./Church St.
- Atlantic Ave./13th St.
- Traffic signal upgrades
Click here for a map showing areas specific areas where sidewalks will be improved. **Please note these areas may be adjusted slightly during construction.**
Resurfacing work limits extend beyond the sidewalk work limits in most directions. Work is set to begin the week of July 17.
- Hwy 29 - from near Oakwood Ave. to the Chippewa River
- Hwy 9 - from the Chippewa River to north of Co Rd 104/20th St.
- Hwy 12 - from near 19th St. to near Co Rd 25 on the east edge of Benson