Two related projects will be completed in Benson in 2017.
Current status and impacts
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave and 14th St is closed through approximately the end of June (Detours beginning 6/15)
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave and 13th St. is open
- Sidewalk work underway in several locations
- Pedestrians: Expect sidewalk detours
- Motorists: Detour and intermittent lane and shoulder closures
June 11 update
Construction activities on the both sides of 13th St North between Atlantic Ave and Sunwall Ave will be completed by this Friday, June 23.
Sidewalk and curb ramp construction continues on the east side of 14th Street North from Atlantic Ave. to Nevada Ave. and on Nevada Ave. to Denfield Drive. This will be followed by work on the west side of the same streets. All of this work will be completed by Friday, June 30.
Construction at the intersection of 14th and Atlantic is in progress. Traffic in all directions through the 14th/Atlantic intersection is detoured. Construction activities include storm drainage work, replacement of vehicle detection loops, pedestrian push buttons and pedestrian ramps on all four corners. Asphalt pavement is expected to be placed on Monday, June 26, with the intersection opening back up to traffic on Wednesday, June 28.
Construction of new sidewalks and curbs is in progress this week on the south side of Atlantic Ave. from 14th to Golf Road. Work will be complete by Friday, June 23.
Access to businesses will be maintained at all times. However, signs may be used to reroute sidewalk traffic.
Please note: There will be no construction activities from July 2 through 9. Construction will resume on Monday July 10, with the completion of miscellaneous activities throughout the project with substantial completion expected by the week of July 17.
Sidewalk/Signal/Storm sewer/Intersection work
- Sidewalk improvements in the following locations:
- Hwy 29 - from Oregon Ave south to Clark Ave.
- Hwy 9 - from west of the Chippewa River to northeast to Sunwall Ave.
- Hwy 12 - from west of 19th St. east to near County Road 25
- Storm sewer upgrades
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave./13th St.
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave./14th St.
- Intersection modifications
- Minnesota Ave./Church St.
- Atlantic Ave./13th St.
- Traffic signal upgrades
Click here for a map showing areas specific areas where sidewalks will be improved. **Please note these areas may be adjusted slightly during construction.**
Resurfacing work limits extend beyond the sidewalk work limits in most directions.
- Hwy 29 - from near Oakwood Ave. to the Chippewa River
- Hwy 9 - from the Chippewa River to north of Co Rd 104/20th St.
- Hwy 12 - from near 19th St. to near Co Rd 25 on the east edge of Benson