The Minnesota Department of Transportation, along with Douglas County and the city of Alexandria, will rebuild the I-94/Hwy 29 interchange and expand Hwy 29 to four lanes south of I-94 in 2015-2016.
I-94/Hwy 29 interchange reconstruction
- Remove and replace current bridges
- Rebuild current ramps
- Regrade nearby frontage roads and side streets
Hwy 29 four-lane expansion
- From 1/4-mile south of County Hwy 28 to 1/3-mile north of 50th Avenue in Alexandria
- County Hwy 28 realigned to cross Hwy 29 in line with County Road 87
- Roundabout constructed at Hwy 29 and County Hwy 28/County Road 87
50th Avenue South
This project also includes access improvements to 50th Avenue.
Click here for the latest design layout for the project (4 MB PDF)
There are no traffic impacts at this time. Access to local businesses will be maintained throughout the project.