Storm sewer repair project begins June 20 in communities across northwestern Minnesota
BEMIDJI, Minn. – Motorists can expect brief delays and lane closures on highways around northwestern Minnesota beginning Monday, June 20, as crews repair storm sewer catch basins that will extend the life of the highway surface.
The preventative maintenance will take place in multiple locations along the following highways:
- Akeley – Highway 34, Hulet Avenue SW to Pleasant Avenue SE
- Argyle – Highway 75, Second Street to Fifth Street
- Blackduck – Highway 71, intersection with Main Street N
- Bemidji – Highway 197, 13th Street NW to Norton Avenue NW
- Clearbrook – Highway 92, Fourth Avenue SW to First Avenue SW
- East Grand Forks – Highway 2B, Third Ave NE to River Street
- Grygla – Highway 89, Marshall Avenue to Sixth Avenue
- Lake George – Highway 71, intersection with Hubbard County Road 4
- Northome Highway 1, Main Street to Minnesota Street
- Park Rapids – Highway 71, Eighth Street W to Main Avenue N
- Red Lake Falls – Highway 32, Dow Avenue SE to Bottineau Avenue NE
- Walker – Highway 371, Tianna Drive to Michigan Ave and Elm Avenue south 1200 feet
- Warroad – Highway 11, intersection with Highway 313 to Roseau County Road 5
Motorists should plan for shoulder and/or lane closures in the area where crews are working. Crews will work during daylight hours and once complete at one location, they will move on to the next section.
Hydro-Klean is the contractor for the $516,000 project. It is expected to last through September, weather permitting.
MnDOT urges motorists to always drive with caution, and reminds them to slow down in the work zone and never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
# # #