Expect high traffic volumes on Detroit Lakes area roads July 31 - Aug. 4
Construction projects to impact WE Fest traffic between Fargo-Moorhead and Detroit Lakes
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – Motorists travelling between the Fargo-Moorhead area and Detroit Lakes for WE Fest should expect significant delays due to construction and heavy traffic volumes the week of July 29.
Tens of thousands of visitors will attend the 31st annual WE Fest Country Music Festival at Soo Pass Ranch near Detroit Lakes.
Three construction projects will impact travel between the Fargo-Moorhead area and Detroit Lakes:
- Highway 10 from Boyer Lake (near Lake Park) to Detroit Lakes
- Highway 10 in Hawley at Clay County Road 31/Clay County Road 33
- Interstate 94 from Barnesville to Clay County Road 10/Downer
Traffic is reduced to a single lane in each direction.
The Minnesota State Patrol will increase its presence during this time.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation and Minnesota State Patrol urge motorists to:
- Expect delays
- Be patient
- Prepare for sudden stops
- Consider alternate routes
- Avoid travelling during peak times
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.