Draft Environmental Assessment Worksheet for Highway 34 project available for comment
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – The public is invited to comment on the Draft Environmental Assessment Worksheet for the Highway 34 passing lane project from Detroit Lakes to the Nevis area.
The project involves constructing improvements to Highway 34 at eight locations between Detroit Lakes and Akeley to provide turn lanes and/or passing lanes. The improvements will affect approximately 12 miles of the 57-mile corridor. The project is scheduled for late summer 2014 through 2015.
The Draft EAW, which assesses the potential impacts of the project, will be available to view during business hours at the following locations:
- MnDOT District 4 office, 1000 Highway 10 West, Detroit Lakes
- Detroit Lakes Public Library, 1000 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes
- Park Rapids Public Library, 210 1st St. W., Park Rapids
- Bemidji Public Library, 509 American Avenue NW, Bemidji
- Fergus Falls Public Library, 205 E Hampden, Fergus Falls
- Hennepin County Library, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis
The document can also be accessed from the following website: www.mndot.gov/d4/projects/hwy34/index.html.
The comment period for this project will be Dec. 23, 2013 through Jan. 22, 2014.
For questions or comments about the project, contact:
Thomas Lundberg, MnDOT Project Manager
1000 Hwy 10 W
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
To request this document in an alternative format, please contact the Affirmative Action Office at 651-366-4723 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota); 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay). You may also send an e-mail to ADArequest.email@example.com.