MnDOT District 4
1000 Hwy 10 West
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
No travel advisory lifted on Hwy 113
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – (2:00 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted the no travel advisory on Hwy 113 between Waubun and Hwy 71, but road conditions remain difficult.
Overall, driving conditions in west central Minnesota are fair to difficult, and it is anticipated they will deteriorate as temperatures drop and snow moves into the region.
MnDOT snow plow operators are out doing their part to make highways safe. Motorists should remember to:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud. Snowplow operators will pull over when it is safe to do so to allow traffic build-up to pass.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone.
For updated information on road conditions, call 511 or click on www.511mn.org.